Wooing a cat
Thursday, November 17, 2005
I know I am recycling this issue, but something made me think of that lately.
It is not easy finding someone awesome. The mathematics of that game are staggering. One needs to keep focus on what is important and yet never falter.Everyone has different needs. For some it is companionship and for some this stuff is much more complex.
There are even moments that seem clear and simple, only to turn out to be over used and predictable in their damaging way and yet there is nothing one can do to stop them unwinding.
It's easy to view everything by the values bestowed in you. It is certainly simpler, it makes sense on many levels but then there are those moments and instances where it is not enough because everyone has an idea of their own.
I believe life rewards the brave. It is also simple mathematics. Brave tend to gamble and thus increase their chances of winning.
But winning breeds losses too.
I reviewed this idea of safety in the recent past, how the comfortable life wins in most situations because it is just that...comfortable.
I can't even be sure that at times I have not taken the same route, chose the easy way out or in.
But even when people consciously choose safety, in more cases than not, they are still not happy whilst defending their position. They try everything.
It is like trying to teach a cat to fetch. Or do anything for that matter. They won't. They are unique the way they are and one needs to love them for what they are, lazy and volatile and selective in their affections.
If you need great walks in the park and a fetching buddy, a dog is much more appropriate.
But are you going to find it whilst shopping for a cat?
Sometimes a cat is all one can get and the rationale behind one's decision might be that in time, one will learn to love that cat.
But time only serves to remind you day by day that you need a dog and you end up hating this cat.
But that cat is just a cat and never could be anything but a cat. It is perfect the way it is and would make a cat person really happy. But you are not a cat person so you will never be happy with a cat. You truly want a dog but the fear of them biting your arse makes you desperately wanting to sit in the cat litter.
You will learn to feed the cat and you will learn to stroke it but it will never earn your respect and you will never reach for it and stroke it because you just need to do it because your own life depends on it.
I wish I had the right answer here. Even a dog can only ever make you happy to a certain extent and no further. I wish there was a pet that would cover all the needs, but there isn't.
I guess the answer here is that before you start wooing a cat, be damn sure you truly are a cat person.

















0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home