'Break a wrist, walk away' ( a Rex-quan-do day...)
Sunday, November 27, 2005
Oli and I planned the self-defence class for a bit, I got challenged to do it, probably in hope that I would take up kick boxing, a passion that drives him mad.
I don't really dig that whole scene of sweaty men shouting and kicking one another, if any exercise is to be done, then I guess my choice is always a nice exercise bike, whilst I watch Simpsons or Futurama, Saturday morning on a screen in front of me in the gym whilst Shins are gracing my iPod with their cheerful tunes...
But I gave this a go.
I didn't think I needed a self defence class, I don't think there are many people that would consider fucking with me but the episode I had with that nutter that was making his nose bleed and licking his fingers, then called me a dirty slag because I offered him a tissue, whilst pushing his bloody and infectious gob in my face, left me slightly shaken. Today I learnt how to deal with situations like this. I would simply get up, spin him around, go for his throat, squeezing and pinching whilst breaking his lower back with my hand, making him fall to the ground.
I realised this will be a good experience straight after the 30 minute warm up, which was nothing but prancing around the room doing various stretches, which bored me.
When I realised that I get to punch, kick, abuse and shout at Oli and all in the name of self preservation, I relaxed and had a nice time.
I did get a little overzealous, not giving enough notice for Oli to raise the punching glove and stiffen his arm, whilst punching him hard on it screaming Get back.
This made him acquire a small wound on the lip.
I particularly enjoyed the lesson by Damian, who gave us rubber knives to practice with. There was a move in which Oli got a little heavy handed with me, after I made my attack on him a little to real talking provocatively...'What, you wanna piece of me?' and I retaliated by slapping him on the side of his cheek with a knife.
At some point Oli told me he was scared of me because I had a vicious gleam in my eye and I was enjoying the violence a little too much.
The day was continued by having a lunch in Islington where I got locked in a female loo, panicking for 5 minutes but eventually managing to break free and seeing You, me and everyone we know again in Prince Charles, which left me in some dreamy and sad mood for various reasons.
Because I noticed a scene that I did not particularly remember the first time round, the one with a girl with a hope chest, when Peter comes and brings her a teddy bear for her imaginary daughter and asks her if she thought where she would distribute all the things from her chest, and she looks at him and says: 'Actually, Peter, I have.'
And she pulls him on the floor and tells him where things would be on the ceiling.
And because I saw this a while back, one Friday that made me perfectly happy.
))<>(( Forever.

















0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home