Martina


Links
- Home
-Dream Story
- My World
-Pictures
-Poetry



Friends
- BC
- Ivan
- Stephen
- Tigga
- Pete's Big Dog
- Che
- Petra
- Ben
- Wonderful jewelry
Previous Posts
Sadest thing ever...
Animals went in two by two...
Have I seen you before?
Retail therapy
I love technology, but not as much as thee, but I ...
Here's the thing....
My father
PCT
Thou shall not speak....
How it never goes to plan...

Archives
09.2005
10.2005
11.2005
12.2005
01.2006
02.2006
03.2006
04.2006
05.2006
06.2006
07.2006
08.2006
09.2006
10.2006
11.2006
12.2006
01.2007
03.2007
04.2007
05.2007
06.2007
07.2007
08.2007
11.2007
12.2007
02.2008
03.2008
04.2008
05.2008
06.2008
08.2008
11.2008
05.2009
12.2009


 


The Dream Story

Reasons why I love Vlax

Sunday, April 22, 2007
Vlax often says: "I love reading about myself" and I have promised her a blog about her ages ago, so with her upcoming birthday, and since I have already gave her George Michael (even the male artists she likes have to be women in some way...) I thought this is the time to do it.
(this took agees...)


Vlax is my bestest friend in the whole world.




Vlatka and I met in London back in 1991. when we were only very young but rather trendy chicks and we bonded straight away.
One of my memories of that time is that Vlax rang all the people she knew on my birthday, gave them my number and asked them to call me to say happy birthday.



We always liked taking photos of ourselves but sometimes things would end up looking like this.




We often surprise each other with nice presents.




I have always had fun with Vlatka no matter what we did, just fooled around, gone shopping, watched videos, ate sandwiches or enjoyed the nature.
Things were always easy with her.




When I start seeing a new boyfriend, she is the first person I call to discuss the relationship and all the details that girls like to compare after the night of passion...





Following an argument, Vlatka has something in common with Elton John, to both 'sorry' seems to be the hardest word...but she often buys you your favourite ice cream or a treat to say sorry while she still pretends to be angry.





From the first day I met her, Vlax always had a thing about her hair, which changed shape, form and colour so many times that it is difficult to recall...





Besides a passion for great music performed by female artists and books by feminist writers, Sex and the city series and good magazines... Vlatka has a penchant for nice socks.





Vlax's parents took us to the seaside, where we loved frolicking in the sea and having fun. It was a great summer.





Our holiday consisted of reading books on the beech and sunbathing all day while checking out cute boys on the beach, relaxing from the modern existance...





But all was not without trouble... while Vlax tanned nicely, I got burnt and started peeling.
She had to endure me with yoghurt compress in the bed next to her.






She is the only person that I share all my secrets with, even the one where I meesed up my dad's fishing rod and would not confess and he accused my cousin. Vlatka has never told anyone...






Vlax is very protective of the people she loves and once got so angry at the guy that called me stupid that she entered an argument with him and soon reduced him to tears.
Friend like that is always good to have on your side...





Vlax and I always loved shopping, our favourite passtime and can often be found in the nearby shopping centre. We always talk about our great outfits and look great.





These days we are more mature and instead like to unite aginst Vlatka's husband as he is often mean to us, but look who is having the last laugh...and beware.






Now our friendship is even better as the new, young chick Karla has joined our sacred fellowship...





I hope that you are in my life till the end of time and that our friendship continues to grow stronger, better and more amazing and special with each year.
You are the best friend anyone would wish for and in this life, you are my sister too.
I love you, happy birthday baby.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

since it is true that i love reading about myself, it is also true i have never read anything like this before. i will turn all soapy now, but while i am writing these i am actually crying because this is the nicest present i could have gotten for my 35th birthday.(trust me it takes a lot to cheer up someone who is about to turn 35!!) thank you darling and remember that having you is a gift God given. I love you with all my heart and always will. you are the best of the bestest!!

7:42 pm  
Blogger Martina Dove said...

I felt the same when you turned to me in your car the first day of my Easter break and I believe the conversation went like this:
You: “ I decided that in this lifetime, you are my sister. I know you are not my sister but you are better than a sister.”
Me: “Awww, and I think the same about you.”
You: “ Sure I have other friends but I don’t love anyone the way I love you and I never will and I am really glad that you are Karla’s godmother and we are in each other’s lives...”
Me: [holding your hand with tears in my eyes....]
You: “ Sure, you get on my nerves after 2 days but I still love you.”
Me: [looking worried and drop your hand...] “Don’t you think that adding this spoils this moment? “
You: “ No, no...it just means that even if you get on my nerves after 2 days I love you so much I look past that.”
Me: [struggle to see the point] “ I see...”

9:05 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home