Martina


Links
- Home
-Dream Story
- My World
-Pictures
-Poetry



Friends
- BC
- Ivan
- Stephen
- Tigga
- Pete's Big Dog
- Che
- Petra
- Ben
- Wonderful jewelry
Previous Posts
Here's the thing....
My father
PCT
Thou shall not speak....
How it never goes to plan...
About the boy
Cynicism
The meek shall inherit the Earth.....
We are not afraid
My granddad (1913-1995)

Archives
09.2005
10.2005
11.2005
12.2005
01.2006
02.2006
03.2006
04.2006
05.2006
06.2006
07.2006
08.2006
09.2006
10.2006
11.2006
12.2006
01.2007
03.2007
04.2007
05.2007
06.2007
07.2007
08.2007
11.2007
12.2007
02.2008
03.2008
04.2008
05.2008
06.2008
08.2008
11.2008
05.2009
12.2009


 


The Dream Story

I love technology, but not as much as thee, but I still love technology...

Friday, December 08, 2006


I noticed recently that computers are much more friendlier these days...
Remember the days when you'd send an e mail to an address that is wrong and they would send you an e mail back saying; declined, cannot deliver to all recipients or just simly failed delivery?
What's more is there to say?

That is exactly what I thought but then something happened yesterday, which made me believe that computer age is truly on its way now, they are becomming like us.
Having to propose a research on a chosen topic, I was researching a certain effect and was getting nowhere, until I noticed a link from my university's website to a site that apparently stores all the thesis, so I decided to e mail them using the appropriate link: dsc-british-thesis-service@bl.uk
I write:
" Dear Sir/Madam
I am interested in journals or thesis on Forer effect. How do I go about
obtaining this sort of information through your services?
Your sincerely...so and so"

And 20 minutes later I get a response from MAILER-DAEMON@yahoo.com:
"Hi. This is the qmail-send program at yahoo.com.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following
addresses.
This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out."

How polite is that? I've been left with fewer kind words in the past, so this really touched me.

My father, however, once had a rather sinister experience with his computer...having to obtain some serious data from it through very matrix sort of programs, he hit the dead end and not knowing what to do, he kept on pressing the enter key.
The computer politely expresses that it cannot do this particular command but my dad keeps on hitting enter.
On the seveth or eighth try, the computer flashes; Don't fuck me around!
Which, I guess, was fair enough.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think distinction still isn't clear in your head. Out there, it's interplex, thousands, millions of third world children handwriting individual customized emails based on the careful profiling and correspondence monitoring. Politeness is just a distraction strategy, what they are really interested in is spam. Miniature people that live in your processor and busily reorganize your hard drive are native Chinese that have a slight chance of survival when the technological waste gets dumped in their homeland. They are wise and old, but tend to offer help in a cryptic manner, having been through the recycle wash a fair few times.

11:46 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think distinction still isn't clear in your head. Out there, it's interplex, thousands, millions of third world children handwriting individual customized emails based on the careful profiling and correspondence monitoring. Politeness is just a distraction strategy, what they are really interested in is spam. Miniature people that live in your processor and busily reorganize your hard drive are native Chinese that have a slight chance of survival when the technological waste gets dumped in their homeland. They are wise and old, but tend to offer help in a cryptic manner, having been through the recycle wash a fair few times.

11:47 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha Ha, Yes I being recycle many time. Sometime we come back as more fortunate people because of good deeds we doing in life. Other times as lesser life form because of do bad deeds. Is law of Karma.

I never thought to come back as Pentium 4 even. Can I be dual-core with Hyper-thread next time?

Jing ai

Xue Ping

12:37 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home