Martina


Links
- Home
-Dream Story
- My World
-Pictures
-Poetry



Friends
- BC
- Ivan
- Stephen
- Tigga
- Pete's Big Dog
- Che
- Petra
- Ben
- Wonderful jewelry
Previous Posts
My granddad (1913-1995)
Catch him and keep him
Touch and go....
Going After You (G.A.Y.)
Text it like Beckham
OneStat.com
Fear of commitment
Cairo
Not even sure how to title this...
Airport security (no one is safe)

Archives
09.2005
10.2005
11.2005
12.2005
01.2006
02.2006
03.2006
04.2006
05.2006
06.2006
07.2006
08.2006
09.2006
10.2006
11.2006
12.2006
01.2007
03.2007
04.2007
05.2007
06.2007
07.2007
08.2007
11.2007
12.2007
02.2008
03.2008
04.2008
05.2008
06.2008
08.2008
11.2008
05.2009
12.2009


 


The Dream Story

We are not afraid

Saturday, August 19, 2006

This incident made me crack up laughing every time I thought about it, out in public, people think I am nuts, engaging in spontaneous fits of laughter... so I thought I would get it out of my system.
Last night I was with a friend, whose identity I shall protect and I will call them Yoda.
Yoda and I waited for a train and when one approached, we chose an entrance that was clear as the one nearest to us was being used by the whole family going on or from holiday getting off with about 5 huge bags.
We entered and sat down by the exit used by the family. Yoda sees the bag left over and turns to me and says, they forgot their bag. He wastes no time, gets up, gets the bag and shouts to the family, hey you forgot your bag, and tries to launch it through the tube door. The guy says, it is not mine and this makes Yoda hold on to the bag but at the same time door decides to close and trap the suitcase. Yoda drags it inside, turns around at the sparsely populated carriage and asks whose bag is it.
Some Irish lad, calmly sitting in the furthest spot from the bag in this stretch of train says, it is mine, and gives that look that says what the f***...?
And goes back to his reading.
Yoda immediately puts the bag down, not making sure that it is leaning against the wall as it was when it was almost launched out the tube...and mutters sorry.
Awkwardness fills the air, I am trying not to laugh and I am failing.
At the next stop the Irish lad gets up and my heart skips a beat thinking finally he will get off and I will be able to just let rip, I was thinking of every sad thing that happened to me in order to stop myself from cracking up.
But Irish lad walks past us to his bag, gets it and drags it to his seat, saying: " I should keep better eye on that, shouldn't I. " as he passes us by.
This makes me hysterical yet I cannot laugh freely but it is coming out and both, composed Irish lad and Yoda are non-plussed.
Finally our stop comes and we get off.

I think Yoda's points were all on security, bombs etc., and I agree to a point, I just found it funny that he almost threw the bag out the train before he asked people on it whose is it.
Another day in London, that's all folks...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home