Heartlepool
Sunday, July 08, 2007
Just when I thought that Hartlepool has given me more than enough material for joy and inner laughter, I come across an article in the newspaper that people of Hartlepool have been fooled by conmen that used printed joke money notes that had Scooby Do printed on one side…a Scooby money. Apparently, generous donations were given to blind people collecting for charity, which I can understand could happen as they are blind, but there were several instances where cashiers working in corner shops accepted the notes as money and had a problem banking it at the end of the day.
The problem was explained by:” It’s easy to mistake these notes if you have lots of customers and are in a rush.”
So in order to rationalise this comment, one could break it down into: one receives a £10 note printed on normal paper with Scooby Do instead of Queen printed as an image – one looks at it – Scooby Do looks similar enough to the Queen Elizabeth that one gets fooled – one returns £9.55 in real money to the person shopping with Scooby money. Personally I would understand if they put Daphne on there or even Welma, but a dog???
The problem was explained by:” It’s easy to mistake these notes if you have lots of customers and are in a rush.” So in order to rationalise this comment, one could break it down into: one receives a £10 note printed on normal paper with Scooby Do instead of Queen printed as an image – one looks at it – Scooby Do looks similar enough to the Queen Elizabeth that one gets fooled – one returns £9.55 in real money to the person shopping with Scooby money. Personally I would understand if they put Daphne on there or even Welma, but a dog???

















0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home