Martina


Links
- Home
-Dream Story
- My World
-Pictures
-Poetry



Friends
- BC
- Ivan
- Stephen
- Tigga
- Pete's Big Dog
- Che
- Petra
- Ben
- Wonderful jewelry
Previous Posts
Heartlepool
Superman
Affairs of the heart
Me and my monkey....
Mijbil
Reasons why I love Vlax
Sadest thing ever...
Animals went in two by two...
Have I seen you before?
Retail therapy

Archives
09.2005
10.2005
11.2005
12.2005
01.2006
02.2006
03.2006
04.2006
05.2006
06.2006
07.2006
08.2006
09.2006
10.2006
11.2006
12.2006
01.2007
03.2007
04.2007
05.2007
06.2007
07.2007
08.2007
11.2007
12.2007
02.2008
03.2008
04.2008
05.2008
06.2008
08.2008
11.2008
05.2009
12.2009


 


The Dream Story

The one in which I think I am a rock chick...

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Here is an amusing blog....What do I have in common with a guitarist from Iron Maiden? No, it is not accessories....nor is it the need for stringent hygienic practices...it is in fact my brother.
And this is how it started...

One of my brothers mails me a while back and tells me he bought a guitar and would I mind bringing it to Zagreb when I come end of August. I immediately jump at the opportunity and this is why: I envisioned myself with an electric guitar in a case across my back walking through Heathrow terminal...way cool, every guy would dig me, I am an ultimate indie chick with a guitar and on the way to Zagreb, the prettiest boy fights to sit next to me (last row, right by the toilets, because my father believes that, should the plane go down, the only survivors will be those sitting next to a tail...approximate chance of that is in the region of 1:28476.000.000 but still....) because I have a guitar and I am enigmatic and cool and I ooze rock chick thing that they ooze...

Can’t go wrong, right?
Wrong!!!

The guy that he bought it from takes 3 weeks to transports the guitar from Scotland to his brother in London, because it is safer that way...the idea being that his brother will deliver it. A month goes by with all the brothers and me, trying to arrange the suitable time, with the original brother being rather bad at customer service and his brother, tv director, being busy...
Anyhow, after about another month of that I decide I should pick the guitar up from my brother’s guy’s brother’s work place , somewhere off Oxford Street.
I line Anita for a drink that day, thinking we would pick the guitar up, go have a drink and look cool with an instrument we cannot play. We turn up at the guy’s brother's work, some media company, and after repeating my name to a receptionist at least 5 times, the guy's brother comes down with a large suitcase. I look at the shabby suitcase puzzled. The guy's brother opens the case and I see some second hand, severely outdated, red guitar. Did my brother buy this?

I look puzzled beyond belief. The guy's brother sees and explains that my brother bought the very guitar belonging to Iron Maiden guitarist circa 1980s. Oh brother!!!
To me, it is a monstrosity. He calls it a piece of history.
He tells me I am bound to look really cool carrying this. I cannot visualise it how, since the guitar is in a case that resembles something belonging to a hitman that takes no prisoners, and the case it comes in is so huge that it scrapes along the street as I carry it....Did I mention it weighs a ton too? And no strap.

It took me and Anita a good half an hour to carry it to the tube, each taking turns of 10 metres.
So much for my fantasy, with all my dreams shattered, I feel I have gotten myself into something I haven’t properly researched at all.
They say that blood is thicker than water...let’s hope so, so that my brother doesn’t bleed to death when I beat him about the head with the guitar when my plane lands in Zagreb at 23.45pm.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

pa kaj nije bila ac/dc gitara? cijelo vrijeme si brijem da je bila ac/dc

7:19 pm  
Blogger Martina Dove said...

mislim da je ipak iron maiden pa sam se ja malo zajebala...iskreno...ne sjecam se. gitara je crvena i jako teska, to je sve sto znam :(

10:06 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home