Martina


Links
- Home
-Dream Story
- My World
-Pictures
-Poetry



Friends
- BC
- Ivan
- Stephen
- Tigga
- Pete's Big Dog
- Che
- Petra
- Ben
- Wonderful jewelry
Previous Posts
Jokerdoku
Hair by Tigi....
Constituents of a perfect date?
Plumbing story (part 4 I think?)
Life aquatic
Sweet'n'low
Driving over Miss Daisy
Dating game
What they didn't tell you about the Balkans...
Love thy neighbour

Archives
09.2005
10.2005
11.2005
12.2005
01.2006
02.2006
03.2006
04.2006
05.2006
06.2006
07.2006
08.2006
09.2006
10.2006
11.2006
12.2006
01.2007
03.2007
04.2007
05.2007
06.2007
07.2007
08.2007
11.2007
12.2007
02.2008
03.2008
04.2008
05.2008
06.2008
08.2008
11.2008
05.2009
12.2009


 


The Dream Story

Unconspicuous suicide bomber...

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

This is me. I think I look nothing like a high risk passenger but maybe I know nothing about air security after all...

Travelling is always a lot of fun, or so I thought until this trip.
I got up at 7 and managed to pack and be ready to leave in an hour, which made me ecstatic. Ride to Heathrow was smooth and easy and I scored a window seat upon checking in.
So far so good.
It was all going well until I went through the departures. I don't always take my penguin on holiday with me but I wasn't bringing much and I thought it would be good to.
As I always have fears that I will lose my suitcase, and would be unable to buy the same toy...and that would break my heart as I am now hopelessly in love with him so he only ever goes in my hand luggage.
This should not have proven a problem until I was asked to remove my laptop and put it in a clear plastic bag provided for separate scan.
This entailed opening my rucksack in front of huge volume of people in the queue, taking out my penguin first.
This provided some source of entertainment for my fellow passengers but I managed to quickly zip it without having to flash my bird for long.
But my laptop was singled for further forensic test looking for chemical compounds, which I passed after some time, but now I could not slide the laptop in the bag without having to take out all my items and putting it in first. I had to brave it and take it all out, laying the penguin on the counter under the amusement of the immigration officer, along with books for social psychology, my i pod, camera and other essential equipment a girl should need. I think they singled me out simply because they could tell I would provide a hilarious episode...I mean these people are train to spot everything.

Needless to say that this experience scared me as well as made me realise no toy is safe when it comes to travel...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home