Good lord, she's in love
Sunday, August 17, 2008I have been getting questions as to why I almost never publish any blogs anymore...the reason is that I have been busy having sex and all sorts of wonderful stuff with Badger these past few months. I have gotten a reputation among those who know me as fussy when it comes to men. Deano once asked me what was wrong with a Dutch banker/ex academic after I went on a date with him and I replied: “he wore chinos.”
Equally, I felt that an American psychologist I met at speed dating and who was more than amusing, was wrong for me because he came to the event wearing a suit and a tie and I just couldn’t see myself with someone who wears a suit and a tie on Saturday. And more recently a lawyer, whom I liked but felt he didn’t actually see women the way I want to be seen. I wanted something intangible, an immediate affinity... And there were others that I just didn’t fall for, despite them being more than nice.
Nicolle made me do an NLP chart about the man I want and having started this project with me all enthusiastic, eagerly encouraging me to be as precise as possible about what I want but then after a while she would say things like: “OK, I sense he doesn’t have to be a musician per se, let’s strike that off...” I was not totally convinced but by that time if someone guaranteed me that I would meet a guy I dream about, I would have sacrificed a goat, killed by my bare hands so I had nothing to lose.
Having met Badger, I knew on a third date that he was it for me. I couldn’t pick a fault with him and even now, after practically being glued at the hip, I can say that he is a bit slow in the kitchen but I also accept that I unrealistically like things to happen at the speed of light, something that I inherited from my father, so I will let that go. And to top it all, Badger plays and makes wonderful music.
I always knew what kind of a man I want, I just stopped believing that was realistic or possible to find, given the probabilities. Having now been apart from him for over a week due to conference he booked before we met and the fact that we shall see each other on Wednesday and then I am off on holiday for 10 days...and despite the fact that we speak at least twice a day for ages...I truly realised just what I have, the friendship and emotional splendor and the fact that we get on effortlessly without compromise to what we are, we just do and these past few days I have fond myself pining like mad, whereas most people bore me after a while, Badger is my confidante, my playmate, my technology expert, my designer of questionnaires, my rottiseur, my best lover, my intellectual stimulation, my partner in crime and comedy and my bath companion. And a buyer of Maltesers. The only way that I am getting through this crap month is by thinking what September will be like. Now when I meet dysfunctional and disloyal men whose lives are marked by women they don’t love or respect but cannot leave for whatever reason...I no longer come home and cry in my pillow. Instead I go home and thank my lucky stars.

















0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home